Karelia University of Applied Sciences is looking for
To work in Sustainable Building Technologies – Community of Practise (SBTCP) research project.
The full-time, fixed-term position is available for the period of 1.2.2022-30.6.2024.
The SBTCP project is carrying out a research project together with Austrian and German partners. The aim of the research project is to launch several sub-studies that will significantly promote sustainable development expertise in construction. The themes of the research projects to be launched will be relate to the following areas:
– Low carbon construction
– Competitiveness of wood construction
– New wood products and methods
– Data modeling and construction information flow
Karelia University of Applied Sciences is looking for a Project Researcher whose tasks will be related to the areas of competitiveness in wood construction, low-carbon construction solutions or the circular economy.
The tasks of the Project Researcher contain:
– Expert work related to the implementation of the project
– Organization of events and workshops for the target groups of the project
– Participation in the development of Karelia University of Applied Sciences’ education and RDI activities
We require the applicant to have a university degree suitable for the subject area and the willingness to work in an international research project. Suitable basic education is, for example, construction technology, wood technology, architecture.
We expect and value:
– the researcher’s experience in writing his or her own dissertation, etc.
– expertise in the field of construction or wood technology
– ability to cooperate with stakeholders
– good oral and written communication skills in in English, C1-C2 level
– B2-level skills in the Finnish language
– willingness to develop own competence in the areas of expertise of the research project
The position is full-time and the employment conditions comply with the collective labour agreement of Sivista. The salary for 100% working hours is 3285,83-3791,27 EUR per month. The salary does not include experience supplement, 4-16 %. The assignment follows a six-month probationary period.
The applications including a CV and references should be posted to Kuntarekry by 3 pm on Monday 10 January 2022.
More information about the post and tasks:
Head of Education, Sirpa Kolari, 050 476 9593, [email protected] (from 3rd January 2022)
Lecturer, Timo Pakarinen, 050 376 5742, [email protected] (from 27th December 2021)
Research and Development Director, Anne Ilvonen, 050 311 6314, [email protected] (from 3rd January 2022)