Hand and coughing hygiene
Each member of the community shall maintain good hand hygiene. Careful and frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer is important. Everyone shall immediately wash and sanitize their hands when entering campus premises, when moving from a space or classroom to another, and otherwise as necessary. Hand washing facilities are available in campus toilets and hand sanitizers are located in hallways, student restaurants and other common areas. A disposable tissue shall be used to cover the mouth and the nose when coughing or sneezing, and the tissue shall be disposed immediately. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not into your hands.
More information is available on the website of THL.
Karelia security group
Questions related to corona and security in general should be addressed to the Karelia security group.
The security team’s phone number is 013 260 6112 and e-mail is [email protected]. Attentions and safety deviations can also be reported via the safety observation links in the corridors (QR code).
Emergency services: tel. 116 117 (24h)
Health care centres: Siilainen tel. (013) 330 2211, Rantakylä tel. (013) 330 2212, Niinivaara tel. (013) 330 2213
- Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare: https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs: https://um.fi/matkustustiedotteet
- WHO: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Ministry for Social Affairs and Health: https://stm.fi/en/frontpage
- Siun Sote: https://www.siunsote.fi/corona/en
- Joensuu https://www.joensuu.fi/en/web/english/-/information-on-the-coronavirus
National hotline 0295 535 535 provides general information on the coronavirus on weekdays at 8 am-9 pm and on Saturdays at 9 am – 3 pm. No individual health counselling or counselling for acute symptoms is provided by the hotline.