Career counselling services and support for employment
Career planning services are meant for Karelia UAS degree students and alumnies. The student who is about to finish one´s studies can seek support to gradute and employment. Career counsellors offers special/extra career-coaching and support for employment.
Services for regional companies and organizations offers several possibilities to meet and recruit students during the academic year. We organize career and recruiment fairs, where companies and organizations have the possibility to meet and recruite future experts, trainees or offer development projects and topic for thesis work.
Employer! Inform about open positions, internships, and themes for development projects or thesis work using the Opiskelijatöihin — service
Intensive career counselling
- stenghtens students career- and workinglife skills
- supports students graduating on schedule
- supports students entering to workinglife and employment
- career counselling does not give answers, instead counselling supports the student to find his/her own ideas and to make his/her own plans and decisions
- career counselling helps the student considerate options and possibilities
Intensive career counselling is designed for those students who are at the end of their studies and they have challenges to finish cources and/or they have not found the working placement yet. Student can ask for intensive career counselling by him/herself or with studycounsellors help. Counselling is confidential, target oriented (face to face?) discussion based, which aim is with the student to find out his/her situation and agree upon targets for the counselling process. Each counselling process includes 1–3 appointments á 60 min. Counselling includes discussions and target orientated assignments.
For independent career planning you can find help from following the sites :
- career planning
- recognition your existing knowledge and competence
- workplacements and different application channels
- legislation and of workinglife rules
- how to use sosial media for job seeking
- work searching skills
Mervi Kurula, mervi.kurula(at)karelia.fi
Satu Saarinen, satu.saarinen(at)karelia.fi
Student! If you are at the end of your studies and you want support for your career planning and job serch, contact us.
Services for Immigrants
Head of International Affairs