Simulation is the imitation of reality with the simulated events taking place in a pre-defined way. It is a great way to learn both technical skills and non-technical skills, such as multi-professional team work, interpersonal skills, leadership, decision-making, situational awareness and management of a situation.
Advantages of simulation learning are for example:
- safe learning environment and atmosphere
- learning through experiences of succeeding
- instant feedback
Simula learning environment
The modern dynamic learning environment of Karelia UAS is called Simula. Simula utilizes high technology wireless patient simulators as well as audio-visual equipment for recording. Simula’s facilities turn into a clinic, home, ward or scene of an accident according to the educational needs of the moment.
Simula is an excellent learning environment for example for:
- Patient service and care
- Situations threatening a patient’s life
- First aid and resuscitation
- Threatening situations at home
- Different patient treatment situations
- Team work
- Challenging management situations
- Meeting procedures