Tuition fees for non-EU/EEA area degree students
Bachelor’s degree programmes taught in English have tuition fees. Degree students who are not citizens of countries of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and who have started their studies 1 August 2017 and onwards are required to pay the tuition fee. Please see from the Studyinfo website whether or not you are required to pay the tuition fee.
If you are a Finnish citizen, you are not required to pay tuition fees.
As of 1.1.2023 at Karelia UAS the tuition fee for non-EU/EEA students are:
– International Business 9 000 € / study year
– Industrial Management 9 000 € / study year
– Information and Communication Technology 10 000 € / study year.
Scholarship criteria as of 1.1.2023
Karelia UAS provides fee-paying students scholarships based on Finnish language skills and study performance.
Second-and third-year students can be awarded with a scholarship two times during their studies based on the following criteria.
Second year students:
- the number of credits earned, minimum of 55 credits. If the number of student’s credits exceeds the minimum 55 credits, the exceeding number of credits will be taken into account in following academic year.
- level A2.1 level of Finnish proficiency gained during the previous academic year: minimum grade of 3/5 of Finnish language studies
The amount of the scholarship for second-year students is 50% of the tuition fee.
Third year students:
- the number of credits earned, minimum of 55 credits.
- level A2.2 of Finnish proficiency gained during the previous academic year: minimum grade of 3/5 of Finnish language studies
The amount of the scholarship for third year students is 3000 €.
An incentive scholarship of EUR 500 will also be awarded if the student achieves the Finnish proficiency level of B1 in the National Language Proficiency certificate test (YKI). Student can take the test once during the studies funded by Karelia UAS. The procedures for conducting the test are described in separate instructions.
When student graduates within the time limit of the degree, she/ he will be awarded by scholarship:
- International Business, 3,5 years, 2 250 €
- Industrial Management, 4 years, 2 250 €
- Information and Communication Technology, 4 years, 2 500 €
- does not graduate during 3,5 years (International Business), 4 years (Industrial Management and ICT), s/he has a right to study one year immediately following this set of duration without a separate permit. Student is required to pay the tuition fee for exceeding semester. Scholarship will not be paid if study time exceeds 3,5 / 4 years.
- graduates during the semester, the tuition fee paid will not be refunded,
- is found guilty of plagiarism, the scholarship committee has the right to reclaim the scholarship.