NB! Exam room is closed during 28.6.2021 – 1.8.2021.
Instructions for visiting Karelia UAS EXAM room
EXAM visit means that you take your own university’s exam in another university’s EXAM room. Before booking a time for your exam in another university, please check the rules and regulations of that university as well as the opening hours and how to access the EXAM room.
Use of the Exam-room for electronic exams during the coronavirus pandemic:
There are hand sanitizers available in the room. Every person entering and exiting the Exam-room must use the hand sanitizer.There are cleaners available in the EXAM room for wiping the keyboard, the mouse and the desktop. Remember to clean your spot before and after the exam!
The EXAM room is cleaned regularly so members of staff visit the room during the day. Remember the maintain adequate social distances in the EXAM room! Some computers are not in use at the moment for ensuring adequate social distances.
Follow the guidelines for coughing by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare! Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable handkerchief when coughing or sneezing. Immediately put the used handkerchief in the rubbish bin. If you do not have a handkerchief, cough or sneeze onto the upper part of the sleeve, not into your hands, as the virus may be spread onto the keyboard or onto the mouse from your hands. There are handkerchiefs available in the Exam-room next to the hand sanitizer bottles.
It is forbidden to enter campus premises if you are sick!
If you become sick, cancel your exam in the EXAM-system.
Please consider the following issues when visiting Karelia UAS EXAM room:
- Use the username and password of your own university account when enrolling for an exam and booking an exam time at the EXAM system of your own university.
- There is no internet access in Karelia UAS Exam room; you can only access the EXAM system and use the following programs during the exam: Acrobat Reader, Calculator, Excel, IrfanView, Notepad++, PowerPoint, TI-Nspire CX CAS, VLC, Word. If you need any other programs in the exam, you cannot take the exam at Karelia UAS EXAM room.
- Karelia UAS EXAM room (E226) is located on Tikkarinne campus, Tikkarinne 9, building E. The EXAM room is located on the first floor (street level) next to the library.
- The EXAM room is open for exam visits from Monday to Friday at 8-17, when campus main doors are open.
- You do not need an access key to enter the EXAM room. The electric lock on the EXAM room door opens five minutes before each exam time (e.g. at 8.55 when your exam starts at 9.00 or at 13.55 when your exam starts at 14.00) and is open for 15 minutes. Make sure you access the EXAM room on time since you cannot enter the EXAM room after the door has been locked.
- Login information for EXAM room computers is available on the computer desk. Use your own university’s username and password when logging into the EXAM system.
- Outerwear and other personal belongings need to be left in a locker outside the EXAM room. The key to the locker can be taken into the EXAM room. Only the key and your ID with a photo can be taken into the EXAM room.
- If you have any problems with the exam, please contact the EXAM support of your own university or your examiner.
- If you have any problems related to logging into the computer in the EXAM room, please contact Karelia UAS Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org or Karelia UAS EXAM support EXAM@karelia.fi.
More information: EXAM Guide