Karelia UAS library guides you to library use and helps you to start information retrievals. We encourage you to independent use of library collections and services.
Library offers focused training for using information sources.
- New students are welcome to participate library infos and online course (more information below).
- The students writing their thesis are welcome to participate Thesis workshops and ask personal information search guidance (more information below).
- The staff of Karelia UAS can ask training (for themselves or a student group) by email: library(at)karelia.fi
For more information please contact: library(at)karelia.fi
Online course for library use and information search
The Basics of Library Skills is a self-study course in Moodle.
This self-study course helps you become familiar with the collections and services of Karelia UAS Library. You also get to know basic information search techniques. You can’t earn ECT credits from this course.
Thesis Workshops for Business & IB students
If you need help with your thesis process (to find the topic, information sources, writing etc.), you are welcome to the thesis workshops. You will get guidance from thesis instructors, library, language teachers etc. Welcome!
These workshops are held online in spring 2021, dates and times are shown below in this section. Remember to enroll on the workshop no later than the day before the workshop.
How to enroll to the workshops: First, enter to the IB Thesis Moodle course. Then, go to the part 3. Thesis workshops. Enrolment on the workshops takes place at the bottom of that page (Registration).
- Wed 14.4. from 14 to 15
- Wed 12.5. from 14 to 15
Information search guidance in English
You can ask a personal time for the information search guidance. The guidance is meant for Karelia UAS students who need help in information searches for their thesis making process. The guidance is held online in Teams.
The duration of the personal guidance is up to 1 hour. Please notice: Suggest times that are at least a week ahead.
If you are doing your thesis as a pair work:
a) enroll separately, b) mention the name of your thesis pair in the enrollment form, AND c) suggest times suitable for you both.
Enroll with this online form
- Suggest times that are at least a week ahead.
- You will get an email from us in few weekdays. The email includes a link to the Teams meeting.
- To get the most of the guidance, you should have a computer with a camera and a microphone (or headphones with a microphone).
If you prefer to participate in the information search workshops held in Finnish or have guidance in Finnish: Check the dates and times of user education in Finnish