Karelia UAS library guides you to library use and helps you to start information retrievals. We encourage you to independent use of library collections and services.
Library also offers focused training for using information sources.
- New students are welcome to participate library infos and online course (more infomation below).
- The students writing their thesis are welcome to participate Thesis and Information search workshops (more infomation below).
- The staff of Karelia UAS can ask training (for themselves or a student group) by email: library(at)karelia.fi
For more information please contact: library(at)karelia.fi
Online course for library use and information search
The Basics of Library Skills is a self-study course in Moodle.
The self-study course helps you become familiar with the collections and services of Karelia UAS Library and basic information search techniques. You can’t earn ECT credits from this course.
Thesis Workshops for Business & IB students
If you need help with your thesis process (to find the topic, information sources, writing etc.), you are welcome to the thesis workshops. You will get guidance from thesis instructors, library, language teachers etc. There is no need to enroll on the workshops. Welcome!
Place: Dynamo Lounge, Wärtsilä Campus
Wed 18.11. from 14 to 15
Information search workshops in English
Tue 17.11. from 10 to 11< last day to enroll 13.11.
- Thu 3.12. from 10 to 11 < last day to enroll 1.12.
These workshops are held online with Teams. They are meant for all Karelia UAS students in their thesis process regardless of the degree programme.
Enroll with this online form
- Enroll to the information search workshops early enough (2 workdays beforehand).
- You will get an email which includes a link to the Teams meeting.
- To get the most of the workshops, you should have a computer with a camera and a microphone (or headphones with a microphone).
Information search workshops in Finnish: Check the dates and times