Academic year 2024-2025
1) Partner universities nominate students for exchange by 15 April 2024.
Nominations are done in SoleMOVE system, instructions for this are sent to the international offices of the partner institutions in February 2024. More information from mobility (at) karelia.fi.
2) Karelia’s International Office creates user IDs for the nominated students in the SoleMOVE system. The nominated students will receive an email from SoleMOVE with login information and instructions.
3) Students fill in and submit the SoleMOVE online application with the required attachments by 30 April 2024, and confirm their place once they receive information on the acceptance.
4) The applications are processed in May 2024 by Karelia’s departmental coordinators and International office.
Documents you need to attach to your online application
- Transcript of Records in English (=courses completed so far)
- Copy of ID or Passport
- Learning agreement (please check the detailed information below; your application cannot be processed without the learning agreement)
- EU curriculum vitae
- Motivation Letter, needed only if you apply for training/placement or individual project supervised by Karelia UAS.
Erasmus+ students from European countries:
Please use the online learning agreement (OLA) or digital learning agreement, if possible! Your home university will guide you with the first steps. Complete the Learning Agreement by the end of April.
If your home university is not yet using an online/digital learning agreement, please upload your Erasmus+ learning agreement for studies (signed by you and your home coordinator) as an attachment to your application in the SoleMOVE application system by 30 April.
Tips for OLA:
– Karelia UAS in Finnish is Karelia Ammattikorkeakoulu Oy.
– The receiving responsible (signing) person is the departmental coordinator of your study field. (click)
– The receiving administrative person is Antonia Stavridou, International Officer, email: mobility (at) karelia.fi.
Erasmus+ students from non-European countries:
We will contact you personally and send you the correct learning agreement template to be used.
For other exchange students, please use the template here: Learning agreement.
Fill in the information on the Karelia courses you wish to select. Sign your learning/training agreement and ask your home university’s international coordinator to sign it. Upload the document to the SoleMOVE application system by the application deadline.
Studies at Karelia University of Applied Sciences
Familiarize yourself with the list of courses offered for the exchange students. If you need further information e.g. on the suitability of the courses for you or possibilities of projects and practical placements, please contact the departmental coordinators.
Semester dates for exchange students
- 2023-2024: Autumn semester 17 August – 15 December 2023. Spring semester 8 January – 31 May 2024
- 2024-2025: Autumn semester 15 August – 20 December 2024. Spring semester 7 January – 30 May 2025.
Timetable and important information
- May-June 2024:
Applications are processed at Karelia UAS.
Apply for accommodation from Student Housing Company Joensuun Elli as soon as you have received information of acceptance.
Apply for a visa/residence permit for studies (if applicable) as soon as you have received the letter of acceptance. Please see the instructions on the Finnish Immigration Service website.
Participate in the Pre-arrival webinar, which will be organized for new incoming exchange students in June 2024.
- August 2024
Studies begin with Orientation days on 15 August 2024. New exchange students should arrive in Joensuu before that. The incoming students will be informed about the arrangements and/or any changes in due course.
-> Link to the main page for exchange students.