Applications for the Spring semester 2021
1) Familiarize yourself with the list of courses offered for the exchange students
2) Fill in the online application form by 15 October 2020.
3) Attach the following documents to the application:
- Erasmus learning agreement for studies, OR Erasmus learning agreement for traineeship (please use the Erasmus LA form of your own university), OR Learning agreement (for other than Erasmus students). Your learning / training agreement should be signed by you and your international coordinator!
- EU curriculum vitae
- Transcript of Records (courses completed so far)
- Copy of ID or Passport
- Motivation Letter (If you apply for a project or practical training supervised by Karelia UAS). It is possible also to add additional documents if needed.
After submitting your application you will get a PIN code by email. This enables you to edit your application and add attachments to it during the application period. Please note that some email programs may move this kind of automatically generated emails to the junk mail. If you have lost your login details to our application system, please contact mobility (at) karelia.fi.
Timetable and important information
- October to mid-November 2020: Applications are processed at Karelia UAS
- November 2020: Letter of acceptance, approved learning agreement and practical information is sent to the new exchange students
- November 2020: Apply for the accommodation from Student Housing Company Joensuun Elli. Apply for visa /residence permit (if applicable) as soon as you have received the letter of acceptance. Please see the instructions on Finnish Immigration Service website.
- January 2021
- Students should arrive in Joensuu in the beginning of January and be prepared for self-isolation/quarantine of 10 days if requested by the Finnish authorities. Please check the updates on Ministry for Foreign Affairs website.
- Studies begin with Orientation days 7 — 8 January 2021. Depending on the situation with COVID-19, the orientation programme and the first weeks of study may be implemented at least partly online. The incoming students will be informed about the arrangements and/or any changes in due course.
- Studies at Karelia University of Applied Sciences
- Teaching at Karelia University of Applied Sciences is mostly carried out in Finnish. Courses in English can be found here.
If you need further information on the availability and contents of the courses or other possibilities, including projects and practical placements, please contact the departmental coordinators.
-> Link to the main page for exchange students.