Academic year 2023-2024, autumn 2023
1) Partner universities nominate students for exchange by 15th April 2023
The link to the online nomination system is sent to the partner institutions at the end of February (and can be requested from [email protected]).
2) Instructions for the next steps and the link to the online application will be sent directly to the nominated students by email.
3) Students: submit your online application (Karelia Exchange system) and upload all the required documents in the system by 30th April 2023.
4) After submitting your application you will get a PIN code by email. This enables you to edit your application and add attachments to it during the application period and during the exchange.
Please note that some email programs may move this kind of automatically generated email to junk mail. If you have lost your login details to our application system, please contact mobility(at)karelia.fi.
Documents you need to attach to your online application
- EU curriculum vitae
- Learning agreement (please check the detailed information below; your application cannot be processed without the learning agreement)
- Motivation Letter. Needed only if you apply for a project or placement supervised by Karelia UAS.
- Transcript of Records in English (=courses completed so far)
- Copy of ID or Passport
Erasmus+ students from European countries:
Please use the online learning agreement (OLA) or digital learning agreement, if possible! Your home university will guide you with the first steps. Complete the Learning Agreement in April. Once it is signed by all parties, upload the PDF version of it to the Karelia Exchange application system.
Tips for OLA:
– Karelia UAS in Finnish is Karelia Ammattikorkeakoulu Oy.
– The receiving responsible (signing) person is the departmental coordinator of your study field. (click)
– The receiving administrative person is Antonia Stavridou, International Officer, email: [email protected]
If your home university is not yet using an online or digital learning agreement, please upload your Erasmus+ learning agreement for studies (signed by you and your home coordinator) as an attachment to your application in the Karelia Exchange application system by 30 April.
Erasmus+ students from non-European countries:
We will contact you personally and provide you with the correct learning agreement template to be used.
Other exchange students, please use the template here: Learning agreement.
Fill in the information on the Karelia courses you wish to select. Sign your learning/training agreement and ask your home university’s international coordinator to sign it. Upload the document to the Karelia Exchange application system by the application deadline.
Studies at Karelia University of Applied Sciences
Familiarize yourself with the list of courses offered for the exchange students. If you need further information e.g. on the suitability of the courses for you or possibilities of projects and practical placements, please contact the departmental coordinators.
Semester dates for exchange students (2023-2024)
- Autumn semester 17 August – 15 December 2023.
- Spring semester 8 January – 31 May 2024 (exact dates are subject to minor changes)
Timetable and important information
- May 2023:
Applications are processed at Karelia UAS.
- Late May-early June 2023:
Letter of acceptance and practical information is sent to the new exchange students, learning agreement is signed.
Apply for the accommodation from Student Housing Company Joensuun Elli as soon as you have received information of acceptance.
Apply for a visa/residence permit for studies (if applicable) as soon as you have received the letter of acceptance. Please see the instructions on the Finnish Immigration Service website.
A pre-arrival webinar will be organized for new incoming exchange students at the beginning of June 2023.
- August 2023
New exchange students should arrive in Joensuu around mid-August. Studies begin with Orientation days on 17th August 2023. Depending on the situation, it may be possible to join the orientation via Teams. The incoming students will be informed about the arrangements and/or any changes in due course.
-> Link to the main page for exchange students.