Guidance and Counselling Service SIMHE-Karelia
Studies in Open UAS free of charge
These courses are meant for those who have applied for or have been granted temporary protection in Finland under the EU Temporary Protection Directive or international protection. These courses are free of charge. The offer consists Finnish language courses and courses in English, which are suitable for anyone with sufficient language and other skills.
Autumn Semester Courses
The enrolment on studies is done online with the application form in the course description.
- Hygiene Passport 1,5 cr
- Finnish for Beginners 2 cr
- No niin, mitäs tänään? Kielikahvila 2, 2 cr
- Opiskelijan suomi, 5 cr
- Työelämän suomi, 6 cr
- Asiakirjoittajan suomi, 5 cr
- Mediasuomi, 5 cr
Study Path Programme
Study Path Programme offers you a possibility to study towards degree as an open UAS student. After completing 30 credit points of the study programme you can apply for the admission as a degree student. Registration for Study Path Programme is organised every August.
Registration for Study Path Programme in Autumn 2023 starts 7th August at 9.00 and ends 8th August at 9.00. Please note the registration is open only for 24 hours.
Study Path Programme options:
- Bachelor of Engineering, Degree Programme in Industrial Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Degree Programme in International Business
Erasmus+ possibilities at Karelia for Ukrainian university students
- Student exchange 2-12 months. Please see the courses for exchange students: https://www.karelia.fi/en/courses-for-exchange-students/
- Erasmus+ funding for the mobility period to support in living costs. Please note that there is a limited number of available grants.
- Eligibility criteria:
- Existing, valid study right at a Ukrainian university to be proven by transcript of records, study certificate or another relevant document
- English language knowledge min. CEFR B1
Erasmus+ possibilities for staff of Ukrainian universities
- Staff exchange 2 days to 2 months
- Erasmus funding for the mobility period to support in living costs. Please note that there is a limited number of available grants.
- Eligibility criteria:
- Contract of employment with a Ukrainian university to be proven a relevant document
- English language knowledge
Application process for the Ukrainian students and staff is continuous
- Please contact Erasmus+ coordinator Katriina Korhonen or International Officer Antonia Stavridou at [email protected]
- to check up your eligibility for Erasmus+
- to get more information and to apply
to select courses and complete your learning agreement (students) or mobility agreement (staff), and the grant agreement
Separate study rights in Bachelor’s degree programmes
Karelia can grant separate study rights in certain bachelor’s degree programmes to Ukrainian degree students. This study opportunity is aimed at students who have an existing, valid right to study at a Ukrainian university, and whose studies have been discontinued due to the war. Ukrainian students will get a grant based on humanitarian ground so that they do not need to pay the tuition fees.
Separate study rights will be granted based on the compatibility of applicants’ earlier studies with those offered by Karelia. Applicants must satisfy specific academic and language requirements. Karelia offers also Finnish language studies online. Application period is ongoing until 13 August 2023 at 23:59 pm (UTC+3). Read more and fill in the application:
The Degree Programme in International Business enables you to develop expertise required in global business. The main focus of the studies is on international marketing as a part of successful business.
The four-year degree gives you strong expertise in intelligent production, sales, product and service life cycle management, and in team and project leadership. The major international business partners of our university participate actively in the training.
Karelia`s Ukraine Group
The Ukraine Group coordinates the needs, measures and information related to the crisis in Ukraine. The group is chaired by Rector Petri Raivo.